Monday, June 23, 2014

Up! Nail Art

   I think Up is my favorite animated movie of all time. The animation is stunning, the plot is captivating and the characters are just as great. So here is what is probably the most famous still from the movie (the flying house) in nail art form.

   For this manicure I used Essie Borrowed and Blue as my base color, for the main house color I used Revlon Buttercup, the rest of the polishes I used are Wet N' Wild French White Crème, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Coral Reef, Wet N' Wild Megalast I Need a Refresh-mint, Essie Bikini so Teeny, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Berry Juicy.
 
Left thumb detail 
 
 
I decided to do clouds on my right hand since I would never be able to do the house and everything with my non-dominant hand.
 
 
I am still experimenting with lighting so that is why all of the pictures look a little different. A side note about Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Pacific Blue (one of the balloon colors) in case you haven't heard yet: This color has recently been changed from the vibrant, yet dusty cobalt blue color we all love to a shimmery darker blue color, however the name remains the same. So if you don't have this color yet and want it, or have it and want a backup, I would suggest looking for the old version at the store before they are all gone! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post and thank you for visiting!

2 comments: